extensions, alterations, improvements
Why choose us?
As chartered building surveyors we have a wealth of experience with existing buildings, including historic and listed buildings, in residential, commercial and education sectors. We apply our sustainability ethos to existing buildings- we will not use materials that are harmful to the environment or humans; we minimise the use of petrochemical products, plastics and other polluting materials. We are particularly careful to use natural breathable materials wherever possible. We have collaborated with the Society for Protection of Ancient Buildings on research and lectures, and contributed to published articles and books.
We use lessons learnt from Passivhaus and new energy efficient building to inform our work on old buildings.
If you agree with our ethos, please come and see us for a consultation
Carry out measured survey, air leakage test and infra-red thermographic survey.
Arrange specialist surveys and reports where required.
Consultation with conservation bodies.
Pre-application planning application where appropriate.
Planning application submission, listed building consent.
Detailed design and building regulations application.
Liaise with engineer and other consultants.
Specification and tendering.
Prepare building contracts.
Contract administration including weekly site visits.
Handover and ensure building is functioning correctly.
- Measured survey
- Infra-red thermography
- Defects analysis and building surveys
- Conservation advice
- Provide briefs/arrange specialist surveys eg: topographical, archaeological, arboricultural, ecological, flood risk assessment etc.
- Grant funding applications for schools
- Development and design advice on an hourly rate
- Planning applications/pre application advice applications
- Class Q prior consent submissions
- Building regulations submissions
- CDM Advice/Principal Designer
- Technical design (RIBA stage 4)
- Energy and environmental advice
- Party wall advice
- Specification and tendering
- Contract administration (RIBA stages 5 & 6)