residential, education, studios, commercial, industrial
Why choose us?
Founded by Angela and Paul Mallion in 1999 Conker is dedicated to sustainable building design. We design to the highest standards of thermal efficiency and airtightness, using a combination of traditional and contemporary techniques. Paul Mallion is a certified Passivhaus Designer. We will not use materials that are harmful to the environment or humans. We minimise the use of petrochemical products, plastics and other polluting materials. Where possible we use natural materials and processes, and have experience with straw bales, rammed earth, rammed chalk, lime plaster, natural insulations, natural paints, green oak, sweet chestnut, reed bed sewage treatment, rainwater harvesting and renewable energy.
If you agree with our ethos, please come and see us for a consultation.
Our new build process
Arrange topographical and other surveys.
Develop the design and seek pre-application advice.
Planning application submission.
Detailed design and building regulations application.
Liaise with engineer and other consultants.
Specification and tendering.
Prepare building contracts.
Contract administration including weekly site visits.
Arrange air leakage tests.
Handover and ensure building is functioning correctly.
- Measured surveys
- Provide briefs/arrange specialist surveys eg: topographical, archaeological, arboricultural, ecological, flood risk assessment etc.
- Development and design advice on an hourly rate
- Planning applications (RIBA stage 3)
- Building regulations submissions (RIBA stage 4)
- CDM Advice/Principal Designer
- Technical design (RIBA stage 4)
- Energy and environmental advice
- Party wall advice
- Contract administration (RIBA stages 5 & 6)